Doctor Sotiroula Dimitriou
Doctor Sotiroula Dimitriou was born in Larnaca in 1983. She graduated from Makarios III Lyceum and then attended the medical school of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. She specialized in the area of Obstetrics and Gynecology in a paid and recognized position, acquiring the specialty title after examinations at the Democritus University of Alexandroupolis. At the same time, she obtained a postgraduate degree in Public Health.
She then specialized for 2 years in Fetal Medicine in London at the Harris Birthright Center under the supervision of the world famous Professor Kypros Nicolaides, where she received the honoree Diploma in Fetal Medicine from the Fetal Medicine Foundation.
During her stay she was trained and specialized:
●In 1st trimester ultrasound and the calculation of the possibility of chromosomal anomalies (Down, Edwards, Patau) based on the size of the nuchal translucency, the presence or absence of the nasal bone, the flow to the tricuspid valve and the flow to the ductus venosus. She also trained and gained experience in calculating the risk of severe preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction before the 37 weeks of the pregnancy.
● In the detailed anatomic monitoring of the 2nd trimester for the detection of congenital anomalies.
● In the 2nd and 3rd trimester growth monitoring.
● In the flow monitoring of the uterine arteries and the risk of preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction.
● In fetal echocardiography
● In the management of high risk pregnancies
● In invasive testing (chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis) for the diagnosis of chromosomal and genetic anomalies.
Her aim is to offer high quality services using the latest technology ultrasonic machine Voluson E10, BT18 which is considered the best and most modern ultrasound system in the world today.
Moreover, the doctor also has close collaboration and communication with distinguished fetal medicine doctors from the United Kingdom.
Doctor Sotiroula Dimitriou examines pregnant women at Dikteon Medical Centre in Nicosia.